My Blog is a complete mess. It's embarrassing really. I wish it were never born! This kind of attitude could lead to loading a hollow point into the wheel gun, putting it to the roof of the mouth, and pulling the "delete" button. Nah, that's the easy way out! I'm going to get this cleaned up. 


My first approach will be this: From now on I'm going to compose my factoids right here, then, copy and paste them to my Factoidz.com account...Starting with this one. This post is going to be a hodge-podge. I want to talk about a few new discoveries I've made this weekend; Lizzer and Tiny. Sounds like the names of a couple Hobbits, but these are tools for blogging. Tiny comes in handy for tweeting on twitter. Twitter is a rediscovery I want to talk about in this post. First Lizzer:


A beautiful thing. Every factoider knows that while writing, searching is required. With this awesome application, you can search, find, preview and insert your links without even leaving the place you are writing. All with just a few clicks. It's seamless. You can insert photo's from flickr, videos from, where else, YouTube, and links and content from Google and Yahoo. It's easy.

How do I know that it's easy? Because I'm a bit thick between the ears when it comes to fiddling with new applications. I've only discovered this one two days ago, and already I can make it do my bidding. That's how I inserted the Lizzer Demo Girl link above. No problem. If I can get it to work in a couple trys, after watching one quick demo video, it's easy for anyone. Trust me.

Now Twitter:


from
flickr

Here is a growing phenom, that I think is a huge life hack improvement to the Internet. It's a tool that helps writers and content producers in many ways, three ways that I want to mention specifically:

1) It is a very efficient, streamlined way to communicate. It seems a bit confusing at first. That's why after discovering it, I abandoned it, and now, just this weekend in fact, I rediscovered it and am now using it as the powerful tool that it is designed to be. My only words of caution: Do NOT get addicted! For many, not me, yet, it can be like crack. Twitter is a great thing, but remember, the only difference between poison and medicine is the dose. If one gets addicted, it defeats the purpose of having a way to bounce around all the vital correspondence required of a writer in cyberspace in an efficient way, and quickly get back to the novel -or the factoid.

2) It trains you, as a blogger, to convey an idea or thought in as few words as possible. Maybe this isn't a required skill set for a print writer, but here online, people read fast. Don't write slow. I know, "slowly" don't sweat my grammar, Mr. Toast (ya jerk) http://www.theblogofinnocence.com/ 
Read that post for some good advice on how to deal with the occasional jerk that poses as a writing critic with nothing constructive to offer, and doesn't realize that negative opinions are like assholes...Everybody has one, and they all stink. Keep it concealed and don't let it double for your mouth. 

3) Because for some reason it takes many more words to criticizeand condemn than to praise and support, you will find a very friendly atmosphere at Twitter. Many people who are into the same thing are all out to help and encourage each other. Same as what we're used to here at Factoidz.com. In addition to the "followers" that you have here, Twitter followers can do wonders for reading and spreading your Factoidz content. Search "Factoidz" from Twitter, and you'll find tons of people who are doing this. I've recently added myself to those ranks, and am now kicking myself for not doing it sooner. I've found quite a few of my peeps here at Factoidz on twitter by using the "find people" tool they offer...I did that all day yesterday! I'll make it easy for those of you looking for me there, here I am, let's follow each other:


Last ingredient in this hodge podge casserole: Tiny URL 


This little tool is essential for tweeting. Because you are only allowed 140 characters to get your point across, sometimes posting a URL a.k.a. link, can eat up a huge portion of that letter count. Simply put, and as simple to figure out how to use, Tiny will shrink a link. Check it out and see what you think. If you have no luck then you must be a dink. That's my opinion, doesn't it stink?

0 comments